Ahhh, who doesn’t love a delicious, hearty chicken pot pie! This slow-cooker version is not only super easy to make, but is lower in fat and calories. The secret? Campbell’s Healthy Request Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup. You CAN have all the flavor – without all the fat. Just toss all your ingredients in your slow cooker, go about your day, and 6 hours later you have a scrumptious meal – and your house smells amazing!
You’ll have to take the extra step to prepare the biscuits in the oven. I recommend serving the biscuits at the same time as the pot pie filling, so they don’t get soggy.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low
• 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 1 small onion, diced
• 3½ celery stalks, diced
• 2 (10.5-ounce) cans Campbell’s® Healthy Request condensed cream of chicken soup
• 1 cup fat-free milk
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon dried thyme
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon black pepper
• 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
• 1 (12-ounce) can Pillsbury® Grands!® Jr. Golden Layers Flaky Biscuits
• Place the chicken breasts in a slow cooker. Top the chicken with the onion and celery.
• In a small bowl, combine the chicken soup, milk, garlic powder, thyme, salt and pepper and whisk until mixed well. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker.
• Cover and cook on high heat for 4 hours or on low heat for 8 hours.
• About 30 minutes before serving, remove the chicken from the slow cooker with a slotted spoon and shred with two forks. Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker and stir in the vegetables and parsley. Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
• Preheat the oven to 400° F.
• Bake the biscuits according to the package directions.
• To serve, place a heaping 1 cup of the chicken mixture in each bowl and top with a biscuit.