Source: Joyful Healthy Eats
If you like Mexican and Southwestern flavors, you’ll love this grilled chicken dish. The cilantro-lime marinade adds great flavor, and avocado salsa…need I say more?? Anything with avocado is bound to be a hit! These flavors come together nicely and makes for perfect Mexican fare. And the ingredients are all fresh and healthy, so there’s no need to feel guilty! Healthy, filling AND delicious…that’s what we call a good meal. Here’s how to make it…
Cilantro Lime Chicken:
• 1.5 lb. boneless chicken breast
• ¼ cup lime juice
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• ¼ cup fresh cilantro
• ½ teaspoon ground cumin
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 4 avocados, diced
• ½ cup fresh cilantro, diced
• 3 tablespoons lime juice
• ½ tablespoon red wine vinegar
• ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• salt to taste
1. To a small bowl, add ¼ cup of lime juice, olive oil, ¼ cup of fresh cilantro, ground cumin, and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Whisk until mixed.
2. Add chicken and marinade to a large ziplock bag. Let chicken marinade for 15 minutes.
3. Preheat grill to medium high heat (about 400 degrees). Place chicken on grill and grill each side for 4-6 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink. Remove and let sit.
4. To make the avocado salsa: add avocado, ½ cup fresh cilantro, 3 tablespoons lime juice, red wine vinegar, red pepper flakes, garlic clove, and salt to a small bowl. Gently toss to mix.
5. Top Cilantro Lime Chicken with fresh Avocado Salsa.