Mom’s Easy Healthy Baked Beans
- 2 tablespoons cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups Vidalia onions, finely chopped
- “Real Salt” or Himalayan salt, to taste
- 2 small cans (8 ounces each) organic tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon organic Worcestershire sauce (such as Annies)
- 4 tablespoons liquid smoke (such as Colgin brand “Hickory Flavor”)
- ¾ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high; add the onions and sauté 5 to 6 minutes or until onions caramelize. Season onions with salt to taste. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes. Adjust seasoning. Transfer beans to a casserole dish.
3. Bake beans for 50 minutes, or until thick.
Original Recipe Source: CleanCuisineandMore.com
Try one of these other dishes from CleanCuisineandMore.com: